The Kindergarten 2 (K2) curriculum continues to advocate learning through fun, and to focus on our children’s social and emotional wellbeing in the learning process.
The Brain Training programme remains critical in the development of our children’s Emotional Intelligence (EQ) and confidence levels.
With increased social competence and emotional maturity, our children collaborate frequently on projects.
Whether individually or in groups, they are able to participate in the purposeful exploration of ideas and concepts…
…engage in creative and critical thinking and problem solving, and even conduct investigations and research.
Formal school preparation is intensified at K2.
Our curriculum and routine are developed collaboratively with NIE-trained teachers so that we equip our children with the necessary skills for Primary One.
At K2, our children would not only have made significant progress in their language and numeracy skills…
…they would also develop a better understanding of the world around them, as well as acquire a greater appreciation of large-scale environmental and community issues.
At Our First Steps, our graduating K2 children will be independent, confident, self-motivated, articulate, inquisitive and creative individuals…
…who are well equipped with the necessary life skills and attitudes to meet future challenges in school and in life.
- Tuning In
- Brain Training (IQ & EQ) with People Impact
- Music & Movement with Kindermusik
- Phonics with Letterland
- Creative Drama with Centre Stage
- Overnight Camping
- Final Year Project Work
- Primary School Visit
- Doodle Art
- Playscape Fun
- Corner Play
- Outdoor Learning Journeys
- Chinese Language Immersion Programme
- At Our First Steps, we believe in maintaining small class sizes for better individual care and attention.
- Although MCYS guideline for teacher: child ratio is 1:25, we adopt a lower ratio for our children.